How do I assemble this grinder to make sausage?
- Remove the Ring Nut, Grinding Plate, Knife and Auger from the Grinder Head before installing the Grinder Head to the Main Body.
- Align the notches in the Grinder Head with the tabs on the Main Body.
- Press the Grinder Head against the Motor and rotate it counterclockwise until it locks into place
- Insert the Auger into the Grinder Head, Auger Driver end first.
- Place the Grinder Knife onto the square portion of the Auger Pin. The cutting edges (flat side) of the Knife should be facing out.
- Place the Grinding Plate of your choice onto the Auger Pin. Make sure the notch of the Grinder Plate fits into the positioning pin of the Grinder Head.
- Insert the Stuffing Funnel through the Ring Nut and then onto the Grinder Head.
- Turn the Ring Nut clockwise onto the threaded end of the Grinder Head until it touches the Stuffing Funnel. DO NOT over-tighten the Ring Nut.
- Place the Tray on the upright part of the Grinder Head.
How do I make sausage with the sausage stuffing attachment?
- Place seasoned ground sausage meat into the Tray.
- Slide a sausage casing over the Stuffing Funnel.
- Slide 4”-6” (10-15 cm) of casing from the end of the Stuffing Funnel and tie a knot in the end of the casing. If you are using large diameter fibrous casing, hold the closed end of the casing tightly against the end of the Stuffing Funnel.
- Make sure the Grinder is in the “O” OFF position. Attach the Grinder to the power supply.
- Make sure the Grinder is in the “FWD” position, by pressing the red FORWARD button.
- Press the ON “I” Button.
- Carefully start feeding ground meat into the Feed Chute.
- Hold the casing in place with one hand while feeding the sausage mixture through the Grinder. As the meat fills the casing, gently lay it on a clean, dry surface.
NOTE: When using natural casings, use a wet surface.
- Do not fill the last 3”-4” (8-10 cm) of casing. After the entire length of casing has been stuffed, twist the open end to close, then tie off the ends of the casing tightly to close. Twist into links.
- Whenever stuffing sausage, fill the casing slowly to avoid air pockets. If air pockets do appear in the sausage use a pin to prick the bubbles. The small holes will seal
My #5 Electric Meat Grinder overheated - what do I do?
- Turn the Grinder “O” OFF and unplug the Power Cord.
- Remove the Grinder Head from the Main Body.
- Wait until the Grinder cools or about 1 hour. Keep meat refrigerated while the
Grinder cools. Disassemble and remove meat from the Head if necessary.
- Reassemble the Grinder and resume normal operation.
- In the future, to prevent overheating, do not run the grinder for more than 15 minutes at a time.
Are the parts replaceable on Weston Meat Grinders?
- Some parts may need replacing over time after repeated use (for example, the grinder plates and knife). Please refer to your instruction manual for a list of parts that are available.
- Parts can be purchased on this site at WestonSupply.com/Parts, or by contacting our Customer Service Team directly at 800-814-4895.
How do I properly clean my Weston Meat Grinder?
- Unscrew the Ring Nut and remove all parts from the Grinder Head.
- To remove the Grinder Head, press the Head Release Button and turn the Grinder Head clockwise.
- Wash all parts that come in contact with food in hot soapy water. Rinse with clear water. Dry immediately. The Grinder parts are not dishwasher safe. Do NOT use bleach.
- Fully lubricate the Grinder Head, Grinding Plates and the Knife with food grade silicone spray before and after each use.
- Clean the Main Body with a soft damp towel.
- Dry immediately. DO NOT immerse the Main Body of the Grinder in water or other liquids.
- Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or sharp utensils to clean.
- Dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling.